Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) revolutionizes the traditional villager mechanics in Minecraft by replacing the standard villagers with human characters, introducing complex interactions such as conversation, employment, and a system of marriage and family.
We’re thrilled to present the latest update, MCA 6.0.0-beta for Minecraft 1.12.2. This overhaul was crafted from the ground up to improve compatibility with servers and other mods, enhancing overall gameplay. With the removal of RadixCore as a requirement, chore AI that’s more mod-aware, and a more intuitive experience for new players, this update represents a significant leap forward. Notably, multiplayer aspects have been substantially reinforced for a smoother collaborative experience.
In this refreshed version, villagers are no longer the monotonous “Caveman Squidwards” without sound, but rather male or female humans, each with a diverse range of over 250 unique skins. These new villagers come alive with a variety of interaction options: engage in dialogue, recruit them to follow you, employ them for tasks, or show your affection through gifts. As you build relationships with the villagers, the opportunity for marriage appears. Once wed, you can raise children who will mature over time and can perform various chores for you. These children grow into adults, and the cycle of life continues as they too can marry and have offspring.
What’s more, in the world of multiplayer and LAN play, you can establish a family with other players, creating a shared lineage within the game. Importantly, all original features of Minecraft’s villagers are retained; trading is still possible, and the introduction of MCA villagers does not disrupt any existing modded villagers.
Installing the Minecraft Comes Alive Mod with Minecraft Forge
Eager to introduce this exciting mod into your game? Here’s a step-by-step guide tailored for mods crafted for Minecraft Forge API:
- Prerequisite: Ensure Minecraft Forge is pre-installed.
- Mod Download: Acquire a Forge-compatible Minecraft Comes Alive mod, either from a trusted website or any other source.
- Accessing the Mods: Launch Minecraft and select ‘Mods’ from the main menu. Subsequently, hit the ‘Open Mods Folder’ button.
Note: Some older Forge versions might lack this button. In such cases, locate the folder manually.
- For Windows Users:
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and R.
- Input %appdata% and hit enter.
- Navigate to the Minecraft folder, then delve into the Mods sub-folder.
- For Mac Users:
- Simultaneously press Command+Shift+G on your desktop.
- Input ~/Library and hit enter.
- Traverse to the Application Support folder, followed by the Minecraft folder.
- For Windows Users:
- Installing the Mod: Drag and drop the downloaded mod (either a .jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
- Final Steps: Reboot Minecraft. Your newly installed mod should now appear in the mod list!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does MCA affect traditional villager trading mechanics?
No, MCA preserves the core functionalities of Minecraft. You can still engage in trading with MCA villagers just as you would with the original villagers, ensuring that you don’t lose out on any aspects of the game you’re familiar with.
Will MCA villagers replace modded villagers?
MCA has been designed to coexist harmoniously with modded villagers. It does not override them, allowing players to enjoy a rich and diverse community within their Minecraft worlds.